Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Got Chastised...

I got chastised today. Why does that sound naughty? Maybe I should look up that word to confirm its definition. Hold on... "(v.) to censure". I really love online dictionaries. Okay, that's what I got, so it isn't naughty. Well, I mean I guess it can be, but it's not in this usage

I decided earlier today, that my current wip and I just weren't working out well and that we needed to take some time off and see where we wanted things to go. I mean we've been together now for 3 full chapters and it's just difficult to see exactly where this relationship is going. I thought maybe I'd get to know a few other wips in the interim. I mean that's not cheating, because we would be on a break.

So, I made a formal announcement of my decision. And guess what happened? I got chastised. Yup! A fellow message board member (thanks, Mir) said, "you may wanna rethink that" and then she went on to make numerous really good points and you know what, I rethunk it and she was right. I was having a really hard time with the idea of leaving something half done.

So, I've decided to put fingers to keyboard and march on. I even placed a message for a cp. I'm gonna finish this book even if it makes me ill with frustration. I'm also going to put a status thingy (I don't know what they're called) on this page, to hold myself more accountable. So, there. Take that Mr. I-don't-wanna-do-this-your-way, wip. We're gonna stay together and got to couples counseling if we gotta, but we're gonna see this thing through!

No comments: