Friday, September 23, 2005

My Husband is A Genius...

It's a fact that my husband is a genius. It turns out that yes, somehow all of the blogger stuff got switched to German. Better than that, my hubby was able to remember enough to get me to my language settings and change them to English. I have no idea how that happened.

Anyways, I still haven't heard from the agent. But I am VERY hopeful that I'll hear from her soon and even better, maybe she'll even want to represent me. Who knows...

Right now I am waiting on the A/C repairman to come and refix what we just paid him $1500 to fix. Apparently putting in a completely new air handler doesn't stop the air handler from leaking through our dining room ceiling. Yeah, I know. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Despite all that, I'm in a pretty good frame of mind. I sought the advice of a real-life writing professional on how to take the not-hearing-from-the-agent-yet issue. She told me to get my panties out of a wad and sit down and have some real patience. She explained that it's a joke of sorts that editors and agents set short deadlines to get back to writers on their full mss, because they never meet them.

So, I took a big breath of relief and decided to do just what she said. Of course, getting the wad undone wasn't easy... This is how I felt:


But now I'm feeling fine. All it took was a little encouragement.

April

2 comments:

Laura said...

The waiting is a killer, isn't it? I'm waiting to hear back from a publisher on my full but it hasn't even been a month! And then there's the Blaze contest. Oct 15, here I come.

Hopefully you'll hear soon April. Chin up. I have my fingers crossed for you.

April said...

I have my fingers crossed for you too, Laura! Thanks for the sympathy. I just need to find out where I can purchase a patience gene!