Sunday, November 19, 2006

All By Myself...

Things haven't slowed down a lot, but they seem to be heading in that direction. Which is really wonderful. And just in time for the craziness of the holidays. Which I happen to enjoy, so I say "craziness" with great affection.

I haven't gotten much in the way of writing, but my cp... has skipped town and left me here to work alone... *grumble grumble* At least she left me with some chapters to enjoy before abandoning me. And that has certainly brightened matters.

For whatever reason, I work a lot better when she's around. Maybe it's because she IMs me and says, "Are you writing?" And honest person that I am, I have to IM back and say, "No." And then she tells me how naughty I am for that. Which in turn causes me to jump on the writing. Hmmm... Maybe I need to find a surrogate cp to IM me while she's gone.

At least I have her chapters to work on while she's gone. What about you? Do you have someone who spurs you on, or are you totally self-motivated?

April

7 comments:

Debby J said...

I have this great friend--a sweet girl who joined my local critique group a year or so ago--who occasionally reads my stuff and when needed gives me a good kick in the rear end when I need one. It's a gentle kick, but it's always there if I need one.

Also, I've often found if I read something from an entirely different genre than the one I write in it will often jump start my brain out of neutral.

Karen Erickson said...

Well, I'm usually self motivated but if I'm doing terrible, I need someone to spur me on. I have a few people in the spur on posse to help me out.

So write April! Do I need to crack the whip? LMAO...

Emma Sinclair said...

I'm sorry, I'll answer the question once I stop laughing...

Self motivated? Me? HAHAHAHAHA

Julie S said...

Actually, motivation isn't really my problem. I have serious trouble with time management. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

I admit, I work better when my cps are handy on IM and tend to sorta sit there feeling abandoned when they're out of contact for awhile.

I so have to get better at self motivation :o)

Stacy Dawn said...

I'm lucky now because I've got someone to do the same thing with and I do write better when someone is there telling me to do it or expecting the chapters

mary beth said...

It just depends. Usually my CPs can get me going, but lately I've been so crazy with the day job, writing time has been hard to come by.