Friday, August 17, 2007

What Did He Say?


Ok, I've been bad blogger lately. I know! I'm hoping to make the rounds this weekend because I have a LOT to catch up on.

We've been busy... Doing what you ask? Lots. Including watching tv, though not TOO much ;o). But while watching the tv, hubby and I picked up on a commercial for a new tv show coming to CBS this fall.

It's about a Cuban family who are apparently really wealthy. Other than that, I don't know what it's about. Because every time it comes on, I get distracted by one little word... The last name of the FAMILY the show is centered around. It's spelled Duque. And pronounced "Do-kay". And if you grew up in the early 80's the word bears and VERY close resemblance to a word for "poop".

Every time the guy says, "The Duque family..." Hubby and I of the five year-old mindset, break into laughter. And they say it over and over.

So I have to wonder is the usage of that word just such a bygone that it didn't occur to them? Is someone playing a terrible joke on the producers? Is my mind just so lost right now that I'm drawing lines of association where there is none?

Have you seen the previews? If not, visit here to see one. What do you think?

Special side note: I DO realize this is a real name. Please do not be offended by my post. There are also people with the name Butt... I have a good friend with it. And she laughs about it too. It's really the overly dramatic nature of the previews combined with the name :o)

April

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the previews, but until now, I hadn't thought of the name in quite those terms. :-)

Dara Edmondson said...

Now I'll never be able to watch that and not think of that:0

Too funny!

Dara Edmondson said...

BTW - April you're the winner of my drawing from commenters on my Romance Rules post. Email me - ddedmon88 @ yahoo.com.

Dara

Shelli Stevens said...

Okay, you just had me start giggling! I've seen that commercial too, though my mind didn't quite make the connection!

April said...

Glad I could give some of you a new perspective on the commercial ;o) I told DH that we have warped minds. The funny thing... the closer to airing we get the more they show the commercial... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the commercial, but now dying to see the mixing of the name and the overly dramatic nature of the ads.