Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Getting My Mind Back...



Things have been NUTS lately. Between work and personal things, my brain has been beyond scrambled. I don't know if I'm coming, going, or gone already.

Where used to I could multi-task five things at once, I'm down to handling only two. Possibly as little as one at once. That's not a stellar performance for a woman, you know.

But I think I'm getting my mind back. Sort of. I at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think. It could be a neon sign advertising ice cold margaritas, but my mind sees it as a reassurance either way.

Business has been... well, busy. And then early in May I was diagnosed with a... disorder? It's not a disease, it's called a type of "syndrome". Gee, all those words make me sound contagious. It's nothing like that and it's certainly not fatal. Although I won't go into all of the details here, it's something I was apparently born with, just never diagnosed and I promise not to get on my soap box about that. But thanks to my wonderful CURRENT doctor, I now know what's going on. Problem is it means I have to go on meds. For now at least. And they aren't doing much for the "lost mind" problem. But in the end, we're hopeful they will bring about wonderful things, so it's worth the temporary issues.

What I'm getting at... Yes, I do have a point, I promise... Is that the reason I haven't been around as much lately is because outside stuff has been keeping me away. And while that outside stuff isn't over yet, I am still around and I'm doing well--despite the lost mind issue--and I promise I'm popping in every once in a while, even if I don't have time to leave comments.

I'm also writing still. YAY! And one day, maybe even this year I will have my poor cp's ms back to her. Cole is such a sweetie to not bop me in the head for not getting it wrapped up sooner. My wip is doing well, I'm revising what I've written because thanks to Julie's post at Word Flirts, I realized EXACTLY what was bothering me about it. Thanks, Julie!

So that's me, what's up with you?

April

PS the picture is from a trip hubby and I took to Gatlinburg, TN recently. It was taken at Clingman's dome, the highest point in TN and in it you can see Mtn peaks 70 miles away!

10 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Cool pic April. Glad to hear you're still around and everything's ok. I understand - life has a way of...getting in the way!

Take care of yourself. :)

Julie S said...

Hey April! Glad to hear all is well and your health is under control. Glad my post helped you - I think it helped me to write it and come to terms with what I need to do!

KATZ said...

Feel better! :)

Anonymous said...

{{{April}}}

Cole Reising said...

LOL - Oh April you always crack me up! I'm not about to actually bonk you unless I get a request... which all seems to be silent on that front! So take your time!

Cole

Lis said...

Gorgeous picture! Hope you feel better soon :)

Dara Edmondson said...

Lovely pic. Hope all works out on the health front. Nothing causes more angst than something like that. Kudos to you for keeping up with the writing.

Unknown said...

Take Care, April. I know how those doctors and diagnoses go myself.

I recognized Clingman's Dome instantly. What a great view!

Shelli Stevens said...

What a pretty picture! Hope everything goes smoother soon with the medical stuff. I'm sure it will. Big hugs!

April said...

Thanks for all of the well wishes!