Friday, August 26, 2005

Getting a connection...

I have no internet connection at home right now. This makes me very sad. Our DSL went out this past Monday and they assured us it would be up and going by Thursday (which seemed like a long time to me, patience is such a problem). Then, last night they said they'd come out on Saturday afternoon and see what they could do.

So, I figure I'll hope to have DSL back up and running by NEXT weekend and that way I won't be disappointed when it's not fixed tommorrow.

In the meantime, I've been staying late at work to get all of my stuff done. But since I won't have internet over the weekend, I won't be able to keep up with the happenings on the message boards or in my writing group loop (sounds like something Toucan Sam would say). Although the group has a meeting on Sat, so I won't miss much there.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe I should learn a lesson here: maybe God's trying to teach me some patience. I hope He doesn't feel the need to push the lessons too far!

BTW: I had queried the agent who has my complete ms, to ask if my entering a contest would be a violation of her "term of exclusivity" and I heard back from her today that it wasn't and that she thought it would be a good idea for me to enter. So, now I'm off to get my entry ready by the end of the weekend!!

No comments: