Friday, August 19, 2005

It's A First

Well, this is a first for me. I decided to start a blog after my dear and brilliant husband told me I should. To be honest, I'm a little unsure of what to write. I mean there's a lot of dribble in my head and I don't want to make anyone dumber for having read it. But, from what I've been told, getting the dribble out is half the point. So... here goes nothing, or something, depending on how you look at it.

Side Note: in setting up this blog, I couldn't help but notice that Sand Dollar is a choice of templates, but there aren't any sand dollars on the templates. Hmm...

I guess an introduction is in order. I'm April, a would-be novelist who currently has one manuscript (ms) complete and under review with a very nice and friendly literary agent. I really like her, so I've been saying my prayers! I expect a response from her anytime between now and oh, say, maybe next month. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm not good with the patience thing, which makes one wonder why I'd enter a field that can test patience so much.

I also have submitted that ms to a writing contest and am waiting to find out who the finalists are. The contest is running a little behind and so my ever-not-present patience is being tested, but I'm handling it well. I only check my email once every, oh say 30 minutes, which is a big change from having it open all the time. My husband doesn't even attempt to race me to the mail box anymore.

Alright, I think that's enough dribble for today. I'll do my best to post often and do as little damage tothe intellegence of anyone reading as possible!

Now, the quesiton is: what button do I hit to publish this. Watch, I bet I hit Publish and all of my little thoughts posted here will get erased. There's only one way to find out...

No comments: