Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Unstable Table...

That's the name we gave our trivia team last night. That's right, I said trivia team. A group of my girlfriends and I decided that we would venture to a local restaurant/pub to play trivia. Apparently one of my friends' evil boss plays it there religiously.

Sadly, her grand scheme of crushing him and his team into smithereens was blown to bits by two factors. One, her boss and his team didn't show up. No surprise there. She's a smarty, so I'm sure he stayed at home to avoid what he felt would surely be a public beating. Two, even though she may be brilliant, the rest of the group isn't and we sabotaged every answer by debating it to death.

Who the heck would have guessed that -273.05 degrees Celsius is Absolute Zero? Do you know how long it's been since I took Chemistry. A while, to say the least.

We should have known that this wasn't our game when we got there. The place was approximately 80% men, 20% women. And while I first thought that it must be the competitive need to best everyone that brought all the men out, I quickly learned that it was the perky brunette in a tiny school girl skirt that called out the questions that had brought them all out of their little male hiding places. Surprise!?!

We managed to do alright. We placed somewhere in the middle. Which was nice since all of the "boys" around us were heckling us. What idiots. They didn't even know that the statue of liberty wore sandals on her feet. Hello!

Anyways, I'm feeling better today. In fact, I'm feeling great. I've gotten all of the plot reworked in my mind and I'm diving into the changes. I think it'll really make the story better. It'll definitely give me a much better chance of selling it. I have no problem with finding out something is wrong with something, as long as I can find a solution. Solution woman, that's what I'm going to call myself for now on. Warning: some solutions may not seem so bright or doable, but they're solutions just the same!

Now, I'm going to go implement some solutions. Imagine that. No point to a solution if you don't implement it.

Oh yeah, before I go; we named our selves "unstable table" because our table had pigeon feet and rocked like the Titanic all night.

April

No comments: