Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Collecting People

Suetagged me with a new phenomenon... collecting people. The idea is that you tag five people and they list some of their life experiences and then you keep that info on file so that when/if you need it for your writing later on, you have the resource. Sounds like a great idea, right?

So here's my list of five things everyone may or may not know about me:

1. I have a degree in Advertising and Public Relations.

2. I've been a real estate broker for eleven years.

3. I'm an avid do-it-myselfer. In case you couldn't tell from the hole in the bathroom wall story a few posts ago. The hole has now been fixed and a new fixture is up by the way...

4. For three years, I toured part time with a regional rock band (I didn't play, I did publicity and sales for them). Lots of really interesting experiences there. Even better, got to meet a lot of really great people.

5. My mother used to build and install radar systems from scratch in military planes. That's not me, but pretty neat considering most people see her as a little five foot, two inch grandma type :-).

Now I'm tagging Cole, Mary Beth, Bosey, Julie, & Sarah.

Message from Sharon:

"PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL "PEOPLE COLLECTION" POSTS:

Remember that it isn't always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, small world! My mom used to build & install the same thing! She also worked on something else for military planes, though I'm not sure exactly what. :)

Karen Erickson said...

Wow you toured with a rock band? How freakin' cool is that!!!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

That's such a cool idea!
Very cool you toured with a rock band :o)

April said...

That's really cool, Tori! It's a really interesting job I think.

And yes, I did tour with a rock band. And I have a boat load of interesting stories to go with that one. From how NOT to cook with a Forman Grill to the way The House of Blues spoils their talent. Definately some terrific memories. And if it hadn't been for Sue's tag I wouldn't have even thought of them for a while!

Caroline said...

This is so cool! I did this tag last week and now you're playing too.
However, you are far cooler than me :)
Cx

Stephanie said...

This is so neat, April. A great idea. I did mine, in case you want to check...