Wednesday, March 01, 2006

25K

I reached 25,000 words tonight. I know, I shouldn't break out the champagne flutes yet, I still have another 75,000 or so to go. But I was really happy to reach this because it had been my goal and I really wanted to make it!

I just ran some calculations... And in order to complete my first draft by June which is a mere month before nationals, I need to write 3 pages a day straight through till June. Now it's after midnight, so my math may be screwy, I'll rerun the numbers under the light of day. That sounds manageable. It's a bit more writing than I've been doing lately, so I'm going to have to really hunker down.

In the mean time, I'm taking my precious Buckley into the vet tomorrow morning. My hubby was home from work today and he called me about a spot on the inside of Buckley's leg. Now, my hubby freaks at the first sign of anything with our doggie. Which is funny, because our dog reverse sneezes and it sounds like he's choking to death and my hubby gets all upset which is sweet, but he wants to rush Buckley to the emergency clinic. All you have to do is mutter the word "treat" and miracle of miracles Buckley is all healed. So I thought this would be a similar deal. I told him to call our vet (who is great about trouble shooting problems over the phone)

Well, the vet wants Buckley to come in. And when I got home, hubby showed me the spot and it's not like anything I've seen before. It's this large red spot, under his skin. But it's not swollen at all. Then tonight it started fading around the middle, so it looks like a target sign. Mr. B doesn't seem bothered by it in the least. He just doesn't like being put on his back if there's no tummy rubbing going on.

So, tomorrow morning Buckley and I are heading to the vet to have him checked out... I'm guessing it's a bite of some sort and I know it's not a brown recluse or black widow which we do have here, so at least I know that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a picture of Buckley studying me while I type. It's one of his favorite activities. Well, that and chasing the mouse arrow on the screen. Oh yeah, and barking at the orange cat who prances across our porch. Can't forget that.


How much do you write most days?

April

2 comments:

Cole Reising said...

Definitely get your dog checked out! Our friend's dog had a similar sounding mark and it was a bite - and one that needed to be treated! Make sure you tell him 'all' the ways it looked.

I'm so proud of you for reaching 25 K - As if I had something to do with it :-)

Well, and what I write a day - some days its just countable by words or sentences (especially while I'm editing) but other times I can write 20 or more. (This is not edited though - so somewhere in between there is my average. :-)

Have fun! and Good Luck!
Cole

April said...

Thanks, guys. I think he's a cutie too!

Sounds like I'm hitting average on the writing. Although I didn't get any done tonight!