Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Relaxation...

What I need right now is some relaxation. To sit back and sip on some spiked egg nog and just enjoy watching the world go by. But, that's not really what happens on Thanksgiving. Darn it.

Tomorrow should be especially interesting since this is mine and my hubby's first Thanksgiving as a married couple. It helps that our parents live less than a block from each other.

So, with the thought of relaxation in mind, I saw this ad in a magazine and couldn't resist scanning it in. I've cut all the extras and though my name isn't Hayes, I wasn't willing to chop off his hand. It's a simple reminder that relaxation is ahead. Somewhere...



Have a Happy Thanksgiving and to those of you who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy your weekend!
April

2 comments:

Mirtika said...

Believe it or not, my problem is I relax TOO MUCH.

I had THE roughest emotional year of my life from last year when my mom was dying, preceded by some very stressful years dealing with her chronic, incurable disease and her depression (and mine) seeing her that way. While it was a privilege to serve her, love her, and spend time with her, watching a person you love in intractable pain, watching them go blind, lose body function, etc, just rips your body to shreds along with the emotional hurdles.

After she died, I went into a dark depression. God eventually restored my joy (though I still cry a few times a week). This year, I've made it a point to destress. I've destressed so much, I barely move. heh.

So, there has to be a balance, and I'm out to find it. A good mix of stressors (that help you grow) and relaxation (that help you heal) and the illumination (that gives you that special joy)that often comes in times of utter stillness after much moving around.

Mir

April said...

Mir,

I'm glad God was able to bring you through such a rough time in oyur life. I pray he continues to, every day!

April