Saturday, October 08, 2005

Finally...

I'm finally getting some work done! And it feels great. While my husband spent the day on the sidelines of a football game (which our team won by a landslide), I spent the day at my computer.

It feels so good to get back to my manuscript and to be getting somewhere with it finally. I set a goal of having my revisions complete by Oct. 31st. And I'm planning to stick by it.

Having said that, I have a number of events this month that will attempt to distract me. On Oct. 14th, we have to attend the release of a friend of ours' documentary film. It's a pretty interesting film that follows a trip he took once. After being stuck midway on a journey to Canada by the fact that he didn't have a valid passport, he met up with a man travelling with his two young daughters. When I say young, I mean young like 7 and 11. The man needed assistance driving the limo they were in to Vegas. So, stuck with no other choice, he goes with them. The story takes a decidedly dark twist when the 11 year-old shows him the semi-automaitic weapons in the trunk and demonstrates how to load and unload them. Yikes!

I had a hard time believing it until I saw some of the footage. Boy do I feel sheltered.

Anyways, then we have my brother-in-law's birthday on the 15th and the biggest deal for me, my dear hubby's birthday on the 29th. We'll be going to a halloween party that night and I'm trying to convince him that his "birthday suit" would not be an appropriate costume.

Wish me luck!

April

No comments: