Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ebb and Flow...

For two nights last week I got 1000 words a night written. Which is big for me! But then, for the past two nights, I haven't gotten any done. Blah...

I'm chocking it up to plain old being tired and lazy. But tonight, I hope to make up for at least some of that. We'll see.

There hasn't been too much to do this weekend. Some last minute mother's day arrangements and hubby worked in the yard. One big thing did happen... I have my first mosquito bite of the season. Got it less than 30 minutes ago. Bugger! Although I should be thankful because I've seen them buzzing around for a while now and have avoided a bite until today. You see, I am an official mosquito magnet.

Once when I was in kid, I was in gym class and a friend looked at my legs and asked, "You got chicken pox?" Nope, I had a yard full of mosquitoes much like the rest of our area.

I've been trying to convince hubby we need to screen in the area under our second story porch. That way I would have somewhere to go and stick my tongue out at the little pests!

Well, I'll have to make sure Buckley has a large supply of heartworm pills and we get some bug spray. We've thought of buying one of those expensive mosquito machines, like the propane thing. But I'm not convinced they work. Anyone know any or used any? Want to share an opinion?

April

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

You sound like my son - he gets bitten on his legs so bad, he's scarred! Just now he was cleaning out the dog's water and came in with 7 bites! Urgh. Need to spray....

April said...

One day, we will find something to combat mosquitos. I'm determined!

LOL, Stacy. I've watched that with my nephew! The phrase came to mind because of our just having been to the beach and I thought of the waves coming and going... :-)