Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy...

Mother's Day and Anniversary.

First, I want to wish a happy mother's day to my wonderful mother. She's one of the most amazing people I've ever known. Things certainly haven't always been easy for her, but she's always given me all of the love and support I could ever want or need. Without her, I wouldn't have the courage to seek out my dreams. Without her, I wouldn't be secure enough to risk giving my heart to another person. Without her, I would be lost. I love her beyond all reason.

Second, I want to say happy anniversary to my hubby. On this day, last year, we were getting hitched. And we had a ball. This year has been full of lots of lessons and even more fun. To some, our wedding was long over due. We had dated for eleven and a half years, after all. In fact, when we selected Etta James' At Last as our first dance song, we hadn't taken the title and chorus into mind. We just like her and her music and the song is lovely. The music began and everyone was silent, then when the first two words came out and were "At Last..." the room broke out in laughter.

But we got married when we were ready and not a day before. And it's been one of the best things to ever happen to me. My hubby is my best friend. He's been there for me through the trauma of loosing my father and he's been there through all of the highs too. No matter what ideas my crazy mind conjures up, he supports me fully and even thinks I'm cute for my nuttiness.

So, today I celebrate two people I love dearly. How blessed I am!

April

PS Who would have guessed that year old wedding cake is REALLY good!

8 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Happy anniversary! 11 1/2 years - wow!! But you're SURE!!!

Karen Erickson said...

Happy anniversary! You two look so cute in your wedding picture. And you know, I never saved cake for a year and then ate it. You must have a good freezer and that piece of cake was ziplocked beyond reason! :)

I love that Etta James' song. That's funny that everyone laughed. A special moment for you to remember.

Cole Reising said...

Congrats April!

I'm so happy for you!

Susan Rix said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Thanks for sharing the photos - they are beautiful. :-)

April said...

Thanks everyone!

Karen, apparently it's tradition to save the top piece of the cake. I was skeptical as to it's edibility. But they wrapped it up really well and it honestly tasted like it was fresh! No one was more surprised than me :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mom and Happy Anniversary to you and your dh! Indeed, you were such a beautiful bride, and thank you for sharing your story!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous setting! Where did you get married?

April said...

Thanks, Michelle. We got married at one of the smaller local cathedrals. It's a really pretty church. We picked it because it's one we visit often and it's not too ostentacious inside. Some of the cathedrals make me feel overwhelmed, but they're beautiful.