Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Swedish Chef...

I had a thought today. I know, it was a surprise to me too!

I'm in the middle of my wip. You know, that part you have to use to get your story and characters from the beginning to the end. Yeah, that part. And, I find I feel sort of like the Swedish chef from the muppets, appropriately named, Chef. I feel like I'm haplessly tossing ingredients around and singing, "smorgie borgie, stroodel poodle..." and hoping something decent comes out. Whether it's a souffle or stir-fry, I have no idea.

Ever feel like that? Or would you pick a different muppet? I love the muppets!

April

4 comments:

Cole Reising said...

Ahh, I agree with Emma here - I usually feel like Fozzy. I make the joke, and then I spend twice the amount of time explaining myself.:-)

I can't wait to read how the rest of your mind decided to go with the plot!

Cole

Stephanie said...

April, what an apt analogy! That's exactly how I feel in the middle of a book. The good thing is, you can get through it... just keep writing : )

Stephanie

April said...

LOL, I can relate to animal and Fozzy and in the middle of my old piano lesson days even Ralph!

Karen Erickson said...

I'm Animal right now, too. Out of control and all over the place! Actually, the chef is kinda like that too, huh???