Thursday, May 18, 2006

Time Out...

Thank you, everyone who chimed in with advice. I plan to review your comments over and over during the next two months :-). With all of the excitement over getting my appointments and the thought of pitching, I completely allowed myself to get side tracked from my writing. As a result, "that" scene I started a few days ago, making my hero very happy... Well, I left him stuck in the middle. Oops.

So, I've decided to put aside my excitement for a few days and jump back into writing. Not to mention, I got an email from my cp and it said, "So when do I get the next few chapters?" And I thought... "Oh crap. I knew I was supposed to be doing something!" :-)

In the meantime, I have these guys to keep me company. You can only watch them from 7AM to 7PM. But they're so cute, you have to pop in on them sometime. I know they aren't my usual treat, but I'll work on one of those for when I finish this chapter. Unless writing it kills me first!

How's your writing going? Am I the only one getting no where?

April

4 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Funny you left your guy hanging, cos I did too! Went back this afternoon while husband watched children and realized I needed to wrap this up. So I did, finally, after leaving the guy out in the cold for 2 days. Shame on me!

It stalled me cos I was at a loss for words. Sometimes a sex scene can take me days. But I finished it and moved on. Yea!

Good luck on your writing. And sorry for the ramble. I've been reading everyone's blog updates past midnight my time and I'm tired. I need to go bed. I'm so lame. :)

Nicole Reising said...

Hi April!

Glad to hear you did some writing tonight!!!! Though between you and me I might have been too wound up! :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing them!
Cole

Stacy Dawn said...

Yeah, I had a slow down there for a while too.

Good luck on getting some done this weekend.

April said...

LOL, Karen. I'm sure he was happy you finally got back to him!

Thanks, Cole. And thanks for the push ;-)

Good luck to you too, Stacy!